I’m a Scientist, Get me out of here, I’m a Medic, Get me out of here and I’m an Engineer, Get me out of here are online enrichment activities for school students in the UK and overseas, where students of all abilities aged 8-18 can ask scientists their questions in text-based live chats, and get to know what real scientists are like.
Find out more about the activities at: I’m a Scientist and I’m a Medic.
Our activities run throughout the school year.
Location: Central Bath
Hours: Full time, 37.5/week, 08:30 – 16:30 (some evening work)
Pay: £24,000 pa
Start date: ASAP / mid March.
We are looking for someone to be the day to day beating heart of our award winning engagement project connecting school students and scientists.
We are looking for someone, who can learn quickly, to be a core part of the project delivery team. You’ll be working with us to ensure scientists, teachers and students benefit from taking part in our activities. A key part of the role will be to coordinate our daily activities including our text-based live Chats between scientists and students. You will make sure that Chats run on time, are moderated and everything runs smoothly.
The activities can get very busy, so this job will suit someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment, enjoys communicating online and has a fine attention to detail.
Further progression will be available within the company.
- Moderating students’ engagement in our online activities
- Coordination and management of other moderators
- Ensure smooth day-to-day running of the I’m a Scientist activities
- Support the I’m a Scientist team with closing down activities
- Communicate with scientists, students and teachers through phone, email and Chats.
- Have a strong attention to detail
- Work well in a fast-paced environment
- Be web literate and enjoy working online
- Have experience of working with young people
If this sounds like you, send a CV and cover letter explaining how you meet the above points to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date is 5pm Friday 10th Feb