I’m a Scientist, Get me out of here, I’m a Medic, Get me out of here and I’m an Engineer, Get me out of here are online enrichment activities for school students in the UK and overseas, where students of all abilities aged 8-18 can ask scientists their questions in text-based live chats, and get to know what real scientists are like.
Our activities run throughout the school year.
Location: Central Bath
Hours: Full time, 37.5/week, 08:30 – 16:30 (some evening work)
Pay: £24,000 pa
Start date: ASAP
Could you be the day to day beating heart of our award winning engagement project connecting school students and scientists?
The role will be to coordinate our daily activities including our text-based live Chats between scientists and students. You will make sure that Chats run on time, are moderated and everything runs smoothly.
The activities get very busy, so this job will suit someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment, enjoys communicating online and has a fine attention to detail. Further progression will be available within our informal and collaborative company.
- Moderating our online activities
- Coordination of other moderators
- Ensure smooth running of the I’m a activities
- Communicate with scientists, students and teachers through phone, email and Chats.
- Support the wider team as needed.
- Be web and data literate (required)
- Have experience of working with young people (desired)
- Strong interest in science (desired)
If this sounds like you, send a CV and cover letter explaining how you meet the above points to email@example.com.
Closing date is 5pm Friday 13th October
We are a social enterprise (not for profit company) with a mission to create equality of opportunity for young people by engaging schools that others struggle to reach.