I’m a Scientist, Get me out of here, I’m a Medic, Get me out of here and I’m an Engineer, Get me out of here are online STEM enrichment activities for school students in the UK and Ireland, where students of all abilities aged 8-18 can ask scientists their questions in text-based live chats, and get to know what real scientists are like.
Our upcoming events will run from September 2022 onward.
Location: Central Bath
Hours: Full time, 37.5/week, 08:30 – 16:30 (some evening work)
Pay: £22,000 pa
Start date: w/c 29 August
We are looking for someone to coordinate our lively STEM Public Engagement chats between participating school students and scientists. You’ll be employed by Mangorolla CIC, a not-for-profit community interest company and report to Shane McCracken, the executive director.
As a head moderator you will help us run our activities including I’m a Scientist, Get me out of here and I’m an Engineer and related projects.
We are looking for someone, who can learn quickly, to be a core part of the project delivery team. You’ll be working with us to ensure scientists, teachers and students benefit from taking part in our activities. A key part of the role will be to coordinate our daily activities including our text-based live Chats between scientists and students. You will make sure that Chats run on time, are moderated and everything runs smoothly.
The activities can get very busy, so this job will suit someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment, enjoys communicating online and has a fine attention to detail. You’ll need to be able to pick things up easily and move between tasks quickly.
We’re looking for someone who is enthusiastic to work in education and keen to learn on the job. For the right candidate, further opportunities may arise within the company.
- Moderating students’ engagement in our online activities
- Coordination and management of other moderators
- Ensure smooth day-to-day running of the I’m a Scientist activities
- Support the I’m a Scientist team with closing down activities
- Communicate with scientists, students and teachers through phone, email and Chats.
- Have excellent communication skills, especially online
- Have a strong attention to detail
- Be web literate and enjoy working online
- Work well in a fast-paced environment
- Be enthusiastic about the work we do and keen to learn
If this sounds like you, send a CV and cover letter explaining how you meet the above points to email@example.com.
Closing date is 5pm Monday 4th July